Friday, September 17, 2010

Journaling for a year...


September 15th of last year I decided I needed to start writing a daily journal. Daniel was three months old and growing fast and I wanted to make sure I was writing down all of the memorable moments and milestones in his development. I made the commitment to write something every single night before I went to bed even if it was only one sentence. I started out only writing a few sentences but once I was in the habit of writing every night I soon found myself writing one or two paragraphs. As I look over my entries for the last year I am so happy that I made this a habit. There are some things I had already forgotten Daniel used to do and reading over my entries I am freshly reminded of them. How precious these reminders will be to me many years in the future!

2 comments:

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

I've been writing daily for 10 years and it all started with a few sentences, too... :)

that is awesome! Have a great weekend, Anne girl!

Annie said...

10 years Ruhiyyih, that is awesome! Your daughters are going to love reading them I bet. :)