Monday, November 06, 2006

Rain, Rain, and more Rain!


We are getting drenched here in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. We have had rain for a few days now and today is suppose to be the worst with wind and rising rivers. Highway 16 that goes through Gig Harbor is closed because water is pooling under the over passes and no cars can get through. There are major flood warnings on 11 rivers. I am glad I have no place to go. I will just stay inside and enjoy the sound of the rain on the roof and perhaps do a little bit of sewing and baking.

This is a little clip of the rain. The video doesn't show the rain that well but you can hear it. The first part is out our bedroom window and the second part is out our balcony door.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

3 comments:

mreddie said...

You guys up there are getting possibly too much, we are getting too little. It is supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow - hopefully. ec

Rach said...

Wow! That is SOME rain!! I hope it stops soon before too much flooding takes place.

Bonita said...

When I went on an errand yesterday, Annie, I couldn't use Union Avenue - it was flooded. Had to use an alternate route. But, that didn't detour George and I from our nightly walk over at Old Town - we came home drenched, but envigorated.

I heard that the Penninsula High School was closed yesterday.