Saturday, February 03, 2007

Sad News

I went in for my ultra-sound on Wednesday and they found I had a molar pregnancy. This is a pregnancy where once the egg is fertilized it multiplies into a mass of tissue instead of a baby. I was scheduled for a D&C the next day. The D&C went well and the doctor said everything looked very clean. They still have to do a biopsy on the tissue to make sure there is no cancer as this kind of pregnancy can cause cancer. They said they caught it very early, these kind of pregnancies can go for months, so I should not have any problems. I have to go in every week for 6-12 months to have blood taken to measure my hormone levels. With a molar pregnancy hormone levels can reach triple the amount they are suppose to in a normal pregnancy. The midwife said I will be able to get pregnant again. She has had four of these kind of pregnancies and all of the ladies went on to have normal pregnancies. But I do have to wait until my hormones come down to pre-pregnancy levels and my cycle is back to normal which will take several months. And as soon as we get the all clear from the midwife we are going to try again.

I am doing good. I know the Lord is in control and I trust Him completely. I, of course, was very sad the day of the ultra-sound as it was all so shocking. When I went to the hospital on Thursday to have the D&C I felt a little nervous because I had never had surgery before, but I felt very peaceful. I know there were a lot of family and friends praying for me. I am so thankful for how the Lord has brought me comfort in all of this and I want to give Him all the praise for how well I am doing. My sweet husband has been so wonderful and has the next few days off to be with me and help around the house since I am suppose to just rest and try not to do too much. Thanks to all of you who have been praying for me. God is so good and He is giving me joy in Him in the midst of this hard time.

6 comments:

Jess said...

Oh, Annie. I am so heartbroken and sorry for you and Rue. Big, big hugs to you.

I actually have a good friend who had a molar pregnancy and I'm sure she would be willing to email with you if you want any first hand experience information.

Hugs to you. I really admire how strong and faithful you are.

Love,

Jess

Rach said...

Oh, Annie. To follow exactly what Jessie said, I'm so heartbroken for you and your family. That is such a devastating thing to have happen.

How wonderful to have your faith to see you through. Once again, your positive attitude and strong faith will see you through. Many hugs and prayers.

Love,
Rach

Anonymous said...

All of us sent such wonderful, joyous sentiments to this
little one, Annie. For it's short duration, your baby received abundant love from those
who hoped for its life in this world. I'm glad we all knew early
about the baby's journey here, so we could flood this new life with our deepest sentiments, abundant love, and our prayers.

We surely have had the highest highs and the lowest lows here, Annie. We love you so much. May God keep your family in His great care.

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

I love yoooou Annie girl, and know that I am praying for you like crazy, and I know that the Lord will use this painful experience for good. It is all so heartbreaking, and I am sending a hug to you from 3000 miles away! Here it is: mmmmwwwwhaaaggggg!
Love, sista 'hiyyih <><

Anonymous said...

Love you, love you, love you.

Unknown said...

A terrible time for you but I am thankful you have the faith to go through it. God is with you.
Betty G