Friday, August 31, 2012

Summer Vacation, Part 2: Montana...

So much for me getting back to blogging on a regular basis! There has just been too much fun summer stuff to do.  Plus we went on another camping trip.  This time closer to home in Olympic National Park. That post will be up in a little bit.

Our 5 1/2 hour drive to Kalispell, Montana ended up taking about 11 hours.  About 20 minutes past Plains, Montana a tire on our little utility trailer blew. 



To make a long story short, after me driving back and forth to Plains with Daniel and Daisy several times to try and track down a tire iron (in small town Montana places close on Saturday night and don't open again until Monday) I finally got a hold of a towing company and the man and his wife met me at the Conoco in Plains.  He told me he would charge me $60 to drive up there and change it himself or he would sell me his tire iron for $20. I gave him $30 and almost gave him a hug too but I restrained myself.  :)  When I finally got back to Rue it was dark but he changed the tire like a pro and we were soon back on our way.  We made it to his aunt and uncles house at 12:30am.  We should have gotten there around 6pm.  But now we have a memorable family vacation story to tell everyone.  :) (And yes, that was making the long story short!)




One evening we went into Whitefish and walked from Rue's cousin's house to downtown Whitefish and the Amadeus Festival and listened to a free concert for a little bit.  Daniel was so engrossed in the music, he sat and listened the whole time.  I love both their grins, they are exactly the same.  :)


This is Sam.  He loves little kids.  Daniel fell in love with him right away. He is such a sweet little dog.
 
Daniel and his second cousin Ty loved walking Sam home.  :)
Back at Uncle Frank and Aunt Bonnie's house Bonnie showed Daniel how to feed lettuce to the chickens.

I can't even begin to describe how lovely Bonnie and Frank's little corner of the world is.  They are nestled right up against the mountains with gorgeous views out their windows.  I love waking up in the morning, getting my coffee and sitting on the couch looking out the front window.

My next post will be in Glacier!  :)

To be continued...

No comments: