Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Waiting for spring...

I just purchased an 11X14 print of this picture I took in Glacier at Logan Pass this past summer.  I took it on a little climb we did up Mt. Oberlin.  I can't wait to head there again this coming summer for our annual trip. I framed it and hung it in my kitchen.  
 

This is the time of year when I really start longing for spring and the mountains.  (Well actually, I'm always longing for the mountains.) My little tulips are sticking their heads out of the ground, my blueberry bushes are getting little tiny buds and it's time to prune my lilac and rose bushes.  I already bought my veggie seeds for this year and when the weather is a little bit warmer I will start digging in my garden and get the beds all ready for planting when the time is right.  I have been saving my pennies so I can buy a truckload of good compost (and I do mean an actual truckload) for my garden.  My soil needs some good TLC. 

But even more exciting than spring is my sister-in-law Ruhiyyih who is expecting her sweet baby girl any day now.  Her due date was on Friday so now we wait to hear that she is heading to the birthing center. This Auntie can't wait to meet her first little niece!  I promised not to text her a million times a day asking if there are any changes.  :)






 I am going on walks with Daniel outside at least once a week.  Even if it is threatening rain I dress us appropriately.  Being out in the woods or some other pretty place is so refreshing for the soul.  Plus it tuckers Daniel out enough that he will actually sit still for more than 30 seconds. :)  I also want to keep him used to getting outside and walking since spring and summer mean lots of hiking and camping for us.  Our little walks are so fun and I treasure this time with him.  Our walk last week was in McCormick Woods.  They have lots of lovely nature trails and I found a nice loop that took us about an hour to walk. 


Today I am organizing my craft closet and then I am going to start scrapbooking prints I ordered of our vacations this past summer.  I find it hard to do any kind of crafty project until my closet is organized. 

Have a lovely Tuesday everyone!




No comments: