Saturday, August 17, 2013

Campfire Cinnamon Rolls...

I tried out a fun idea while we were camping in Glacier. My mother-in-law Bonita showed me the idea.
I put canned cinnamon rolls into orange peel halves.  My family was stuffed with oranges the next couple of days.  :)
 I made little tent packet out of foil and placed them in the hot coals of the fire.  I did end up scooping up coals and putting them on top of the packets as well. I just kept periodically checking them.  Some took longer than others you just have to keep checking.
 Five out of eight of the cinnamon rolls cooked up nicely.  I put a little bit of the frosting that came with the canned cinnamon rolls.  I would have loved to have made them from scratch but something tells me trying to make cinnamon rolls from scratch while camping would be a little...frustrating.  :)
Bonita enjoying her cinnamon roll and coffee.

1 comment:

Glenn Hannan said...

Very informative and impressive post you have written, this is quite interesting and i have went through it completely, an upgraded information is shared, keep sharing such valuable information. Turramurra childcare