Sunday, September 08, 2013

First Day of Preschool...

This past Thursday was my little man's first day of preschool!  I can't believe we are already there!  Where did my little baby go?  He's turning into such a handsome little man!  We have decided I will home school him.  I can't even tell you how much fun I have had getting ready to teach him.  I turned our spare room into his little classroom. 



 Daniel loves the collage I made of our hikes and camping trips this summer.  He likes to point at the pictures and tell me the story behind them. 
 And he loves the alphabet train because well...it's a TRAIN!  
I also put leaves and pumpkin die-cuts all around the room for fall.   

 A bulletin board for a calendar, current work and incentive charts.  

It's so nice to know that as we go along I will be able to adjust my teaching style according to his needs and just be able to teach him one-on-one.  If needed I can spend extra time on a certain subject or jump ahead if he catches on to something quickly.  One of the many benefits of homeschooling is that he doesn't have to speed up or slow down based on other students around him.  There are many benefits to homeschooling but the only thing I am worried about is him getting to play often with other kids.  He LOVES being with other kids so I am going to do my best to make sure I am taking every opportunity for him to play with others.  Thankfully we have a wonderful church we attend with lots of kids his age and my dear childhood friend has FOUR boys for him to play with. He and her second boy Billy are only three months apart. 

He was a little discouraged because he couldn't write the letter "A" right away. I held his hand and helped him write it.  Then he did the third one on the third row there on the paper in the picture all on his own.  We cheered and cheered because now he could see that he can do it!  We will work on the lowercase "a" when he feels confident writing the uppercase. 

Just as he will be learning as we go I will also be learning as I go.  I welcome advice any homeschoolers out there can give me!  I am looking forward to this new adventure!  :)


1 comment:

StevenHWicker said...

Thanks a lot for sharing this amazing knowledge with us. This site is fantastic. I always find great knowledge from it. Wentworth Point childcare