Friday, January 30, 2009

Soooooo excited...

Our nice mailman just came to our door to deliver a package to me. Inside is two books, one called "Romantic Home Sewing" by Christina Strutt and the other called "Bend-the-Rules Sewing" by Amy Karol. Amy Karol has a blog called Angry Chicken that I have been enjoying. She has so many crafty sewing ideas and much more. Her book has 30 very cute sewing ideas that can be done following the directions and can be elaborated on to make your very own unique creations. I can't wait to get started! I find out on Tuesday whether I am having a boy or a girl and once I find out I am going to start planning all the sewing I want to do before they arrive. I have a ton of cute girl ideas but I have a feeling I am having a boy so I need to be brainstorming about little boy clothes and other crafty decorations I want to make for a boys room. I also want to be more economical in our ever worsening ecomony and I already have bought some fabric for gifts I am going to making for people. Each item will have cost me all of $2.00 to make when if I had bought them at a boutique or at the mall I would have paid probably five times that much if not more! Be watching for posts of my little creations.

No comments: