Monday, February 16, 2009

A Family Gathering


On Sunday all the Dannells family and my parents came to our house for Sunday dinner. My sister-in-law Ruhiyyih had arrived on Saturday from Washington DC to spend Valentine's with her sweety Matt. It was wonderful to have everyone over to our new home. Ruh has been working so hard to get it all painted and I have been busy getting everything organized and put away. We enjoyed my mother-in-law Bonita's soup, homemade naan, and a fruit salad made with her homemade yogurt. You can see all the wonderful food she is making on her blog FlitzyPhoebie. My sister-in-law Laurel brought a homemade soup as well and my mom brought a salad and fruit. My brother-in-law Taraz made a carrot cake for dessert and I made a red velvet cake. Oh and I can't forget the cute little chicken sandwiches I made using a heart shaped cookie cutter, perfect for Valentine's Day. The center piece of the table were the dozen colorful roses my hubby had sent to me at work on Valentine's Day. My mom had her camera ready!




























4 comments:

Katherine Hall said...

You are a wonderful hostess Annie. I look forward to many, many more wonderful family gatherings in your lovely home!

Love from Mom

Katherine Hall said...

Ruh had done a wonderful job of painting!

Katherine Hall said...

...that should be "has"!

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

I second what your mom said - you are a wonderful host and Ruh did an amazing job on the house!! I was in awe of how beautiful his work is. Thanks again for the great time...I miss you guys already. Hugs and belly rubs!