Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Eva-Karin and Garry's Visit



We have had a wonderful visit with my cousin Eva-Karin and her husband Garry (from LA). They celebrated their first anniversary on the 27th.

On Monday we headed up to Mt. Rainier to play in the snow. Sadly, Ruh had to work so he didn't get to come with us. The day was sunny and gorgeous and even though some clouds decided to hide the mountain the majority of the time it would still peek through the clouds occasionally. We took a short walk on some groomed paths and really wished we had snowshoes. I put Daniel in the snuggli and boy is he getting heavy! He is a lot heavier than when we went on hikes this past summer. I'm thinking it's time to buy a backpack for him to be carried in.
You can see part of Mt. Rainier peeking out by my green hat in the picture below. The hat is from Vietnam from Mai Huong, my brother's fiance. I LOVE it!


We also took a day trip to Seattle on the ferry. We walked along the waterfront, ate lunch at Ivar's and walked through Pike Place Market.

Daniel was a little trooper.
(My dad took the last three photos.)

2 comments:

Little Pencil Writing said...

Annie,
Isn't life -- and family -- precious?
Beautiful pics.

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

Ohhh I got my baby Dan Dan fix with all these great photos!! (though I would love to give him a squeeze...)