Sunday, January 03, 2010

How We Glorify God...


"They have forsaken Me, the fountain of living waters..." Jeremiah 2:13

"[In Jeremiah 2:13] God pictures Himself as a mountain spring of clean, cool, life-giving water. The way to glorify a fountain like this is to enjoy the water, and praise the water, and keep coming back to the water, and point other people to the water, and get strength for love from the water, and never, never, never prefer any drink in the world over this water. That makes the spring look valuable. That is how we glorify God, the fountain of living water." John Piper

2 comments:

Kathy Hall said...

John Piper sure has a gift...I love anything he writes...

I'm thirsty...think I'll get my Bible and take a long, satisfying drink!

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

I second what your mom wrote! :)