Saturday, March 20, 2010

I did it!!!!

I did it! I ran a 5K this morning in 38 minutes. I ran the entire way! It was at Magnuson Park in Seattle on Lake Washington. I can't imagine a better day to run a race. The sun was out and the air was fresh and crisp. You could see Mt. Rainier and the Cascades from the park. I was a tiny bit nervous but it was just first-time-race-anticipation. As soon as the starting gun went off all butterflies disappeared and I focused on running. I had already run 3 miles a couple times without stopping so I knew I was very capable of doing this race. I always run with music but today I didn't. I was a little worried it would be really hard to run without music but it was actually no problem at all. It was amazing how clear my thoughts were and I thought about the most interesting things. My favorite thought was about how much I like the name Bode for a boy. The lead runner of the race name was Tahoma. I thought Bode Tahoma Dannells would be a very interesting name for a boy. Maybe the next race I run I will think of the rest of my kids' names! My parents watched Daniel for me and he was there waiting for me at the finish line.

















It was such a beautiful day we didn't want to head home just yet so my dad took us to a park on the Puget Sound where you could see the Olympic Mountains and all the sailboats out on the Sound. It was beautiful!


Isn't my mom looking GREAT! She has been working really hard to lose weight! Good job mom! :)I took this one of Daniel and my parents. :)


We had a wonderful day today and I am very excited about running. I can't wait to sign up for my next race! :)

1 comment:

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

What a great race, and a fantastic day!!! I am so proud of you Annie girl and I'd love to run a 10K with you next - just let us know when and where! :)

I am going to look up that park - Matt and I are doing our 20-mile training run in the Seattle area because we have an event on June 20 to attend (that is the time to do one if you have a July 11 marathon date). We'd love some of that scenery that you had!

HUGS and congrats!