Monday, November 22, 2010

Snow!!...and cranberry sauce...


Yesterday it started snowing and this morning I woke up to more snow coming down. At the moment it is still snowing and we have about 4 inches. I am so glad I have the Christmas decorations up. Everything is so pretty and cozy. Ruh has the day off and we pulled out Daniel's hiking backpack and we went on a little walk before lunch with the dog. I bundled Daniel up and he really enjoyed being out in the snow.

This morning I decided to go ahead and make the cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving and put it in some canning jars. It made 5 jars of sauce so I think I am going to have to send a jar home with my mother-in-law, my sister-in-law and my mom. It was so nice cooking up the sauce while there was snow falling outside my kitchen window. I have a pot roast in the crockpot for a meal tomorrow and I am making a chili for this evening. I am just amazed that it has not stopped snowing all day! If it keeps this up we will have 6 or more inches by the time we go to bed.

No comments: