Tuesday, November 02, 2010

From old capris to a cute skirt...

The other day I was browsing through the sewing blogs I like to look at and I came across this skirt tutorial on Homemade by Jill. She turned a pair of old pants into a maternity skirt! I wanted to try it. I had a bag of clothes waiting to be dropped off at the Goodwill so I dug through it and found an old pair of denim capris. She had taken the waist band out of her pants and sewn in an old t-shirt to make it a maternity skirt. (An idea I plan to try when I get pregnant again!) I left the waist band in. After I was done I tried the skirt on but it was like a pencil skirt and I could barely move my legs. So I decided to take some pretty fabric and add it to make the skirt more open. I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out. But I think all in all I am happy with how it looks. I had a lot of fun and I have pulled out a couple more pairs of pants to make some more. One pair is khaki capris.

1 comment:

Karin Koontz said...

You're amazing!