Sunday, April 24, 2011

Resurrection Sunday...


Happy Easter everyone! He is risen!

After a wonderful church service this morning that had me fighting back tears we all headed to my parents' for Easter dinner. Mom and I decided to leave it nice and simple so Dad BBQ'd hamburgers, mom made a broccoli salad and I brought fresh strawberries, angel food cake and whipped cream for dessert.

This is the first year that Daniel could enjoy hunting for Easter eggs. I hid some little plastic ones. I left them empty since he is still young enough that he didn't realize there were no treats inside, just finding the eggs was a treat enough. I have no plans of making a big deal about all the secular Easter traditions. Easter is such a wonderful day just celebrating the resurrection of our Savior that I want that to be the focus not the Easter Bunny, candy and Easter eggs. But that being said I don't see any harm in having a little Easter egg hunt and giving the kiddos a chocolate bunny just as long as Christ is the focus.

I had to include one of my nephew Charlie! Couldn't you just gobble him right up! :)

No comments: