Saturday, April 30, 2011

Finally getting to plant veggies...


Spring has been such that I waited quite a while to plant anything. Night time temperatures are finally suppose to be warmer so I figured today would be a good day. My veggie garden is at my parents' this year since they have much more space. I planted two different kinds of lettuce, two different kinds of carrots and broccoli. I will also be planting potatoes and celery soon. My tomato plants will be arriving the end of May. And of course I will be planting squash and pumpkins.




My happy little helper! :)

Here is the pretty pond next to the garden. I am looking forward to doing all my gardening with this lovely view.

Here you can see the barrel my brother converted to catch rain water for the garden. It's so great to have water right there in the garden and even better that it's free! He even made one for me at my house for my garden at home.

It looks like spring might actually be arriving finally! :)

And I must give my mom credit for all the pictures. :)

1 comment:

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

I'm going to miss you guys this weekend! Hopefully we will connect at the camping trip :)

GREAT photos... Daniel is such a big boy!