Friday, October 14, 2011

Mmmmmm, bread...

I am gluten-free. I found out this past spring that I am intolerant to gluten, dairy and eggs. I have not eaten a slice of bread since then. I have been trying the different gluten free baking mixes and flours I have found at Fred Meyer. This week I tried Gluten Free Pantry's French Bread and Pizza Mix. I made the french bread according to the package directions, using my egg substitute instead of real eggs. It smelled so good cooking in the oven with the rain falling down outside. As soon as it was cooled I cut myself a slice. It tasted so good. It has been so long since I have enjoyed a slice of bread with some butter on it. It will only be an every once in a while treat since the slices of this bread have twice the calories of a healthy whole wheat or whole grain bread. But I am very happy that I will get to enjoy a nice slice of crusty bread with a hot bowl of soup.

No comments: