Thursday, April 27, 2006

Longing for the Outdoors


Here is a picture of my kitty longing to be outside. This is a small window very close to the floor. She loves to sit there whenever the window is open. I put some small knick-knacks on the sill the other day and she kept trying to get up there. I decided that I couldn't take away her little spot so I put the knick-knacks elsewhere. I wish we could let her outside but she is not fixed yet and there are lots of other cats in our apartment complex. I am hoping that once we get a house and get her fixed then she will be able to go outside. We are trying to invent a way that she can be out on the balcony this summer without jumping up on the ledge. :)

5 comments:

george wesley said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog, Annie. "God uses all things for good!" That is so true!

mreddie said...

Ah - the yearning for freedom, to meet all the neighborhood felines and discuss how things need to be. To terrorize the local birds just to show them I still can. And the all too real freedom of getting run over by a large truck - whoa, maybe I'll just sit right here. :) ec

Nicole said...

I have a picture like that of my cat too. You can see it at


We live on a busy street so letting our cats out is not an option. They are pretty satisfied sitting at the open window though!

Nicole said...

sorry I forgot the link to that post with my cat! Here it is

http://boringtales.blogspot.com/2006/03/so-close-but-yet-soooo-far-away.html

If you look close you can see the squirrel sitting on the bench right outside the window!

Bonita said...

She is safest there, as hard as it is to see her yearn to be out. Pretty little gal.