Saturday, September 30, 2006
THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT
Galatians 5:22, 23
January 30th, 2000
“For the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, PEACE, long suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self control, against such there is no law.”
Peace, like joy, is seen in several aspects.
1. Peace with God (Romans 5:1). This is a peace relationship established between sinners and God through the crosswork of Christ.
2. Peace of God (Philippians 4: 6, 7). Tranquil peace of heart. An experiential peace that comes through prayer and faith. This peace surpasses our ability to understand it.
3. Peace is multiplied (II Peter 1:2). The greater our knowledge of Christ, the greater our peace.
4. Peace with others (I Thessalonians 5:13). God expects this of His people.
5. Christ is our peace (Ephesians 2:14; John 16:33). No real peace apart from Christ.
6. Peace rules in our life (Colossians 3:15). We are to LET it rule!
Peace = harmony. In Christ we are in harmony with God. There is harmony within our life. There is harmony with others. Harmony is the ruling factor in the Christian’s heart.
No religion can produce this. No brand of philosophy can do it. Only Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit can bring this wonderful peace.
Love to you all.
--Pastor Charles Covington 1933-2006