Friday, March 03, 2006

Getting Ready...

Well, yesterday I had the stomach flu. I woke up at about 4am and was horribly sick. Yesterday seems like a blur. I was so miserable the whole day. Rue was so sweet. He came home on his lunch break (which is at 7pm) and brought me chicken noodle soup and saltine crackers. I had only eaten one muffin all day. I sipped Sprite every 15 minutes or so because I knew I was really dehydrated. I had a little bit of the soup and nibbled on a couple of the saltine crackers. I went to bed around 9:30 and did not sleep very well at all even after taking 2 NyQuil. (1 NyQuil usually konks me out.) I slept curled up in a tight ball because that seemed to make the nausea go away. Around 3am I started to feel better and then fell into a really deep sleep. I woke up at 7:45 to get Daisy up for school and I felt soooooo much better. I don't really have any energy still but at least I don't fell sick anymore. I took a 3 hour nap after I got Daisy up and now I feel like I could take another one. I am trying to drink plenty of liquids and Rue just went into Tacoma to get me some soup from Vien Dong, which is a nice little Vietnamese restaurant that Rue's family loves to go to. They have wonderful soups.

Also, about my weight loss efforts, I have some really GREAT news! I realized this morning that I was reading my scale wrong. I thought that each little line between the numbers represented 1 pound. But I realized this morning that there are only 5 lines between each "10". So between 180 and 170 there is only 5 lines. Each line represents 2 pounds! So instead of losing 4 pounds in my first 2 weeks on the diet, I lost 8!! I can't believe I was reading it wrong. I was so giddy when I realized what I had done. )I also lost 2 pounds yesterday from being sick but I won't really count that because I know it was water weight and I will probably gain it back.) So, anyways I am really excited!! Woohoo! :)

3 comments:

Bonita said...

I'm sorry to hear you were so ill, Annie. I'm glad you are getting some soup from Vien Dong. When I'm recovering from a cold, we always get soup there...something about the spices and lime, the steam.

I've also got about 2 gallons of minestrone soup here that the staff at Annie Wright Academy made. (My friend Nancy works there, and she brought it over.) If you want a gallon, give me a call. I freeze it in those freezer bags, then when I'm lazy or sick I've got a good batch of soup handy.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better. You have a sweet hubby.

Love you, Mom ps...Funny about the scale, but I'm sure you're elated. =0)

Janie said...

I am so happy for you. I have always had a weight problem. It just runs in my family. That was really good on the scales! That would make me sooo happy! Keep up the good work. Love, Janie Marie