Thursday, October 26, 2006

Then and Now

One day when I was babysitting at the Schneidler's Isaac wanted to play Candy Land. All of these memories flooded back to me of when I was little and would play it with my brother or cousins. I found the game but when I pulled it off the shelf I was horrified to see that now it is different. The characters are all newly done and they look nothing like the ones I remember on my board game. There are now 4 little boys and girls on the board, one black, two white, and one Asian. When I played there was only a little blond boy and a blond girl. The names of some of the characters are completely different. Instead of Queen Frostine now it is Princess Frostine. Instead of Princess Lolly now it is just Lolly. Plumpy, the little green dog, is gone. Perhaps they felt saying "plumpy" was rude. Even though there were lots of changes Isaac and I still had lots of fun playing together. He had a great time shouting out the color squares as he picked them. I am sure when he sees this game when he is older it will bring back lots of happy memories for him. But I bet when he is my age the game will have changed even more. This gave me an idea. I wanted to look up on the internet all of the games I played as a child, see what they looked like then, and see what they look like now. So here are some of the games a played "then and now". :)


Candy Land THEN



Candy Land NOW


Chutes and Ladders THEN


Chutes and Ladders NOW


Mouse Trap THEN


Mouse Trap NOW


Memory THEN


Memory NOW


Battle Ship THEN


Battle Ship NOW


Twister THEN


Twister NOW


Guess Who THEN


Guess Who NOW


One game I am so delighted to say has changed hardly at all, The Uncle Wiggly Game!!

Uncle Wiggly THEN



Uncle Wiggly NOW

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They changed a lot from when I was little to when you played as a little girl! I too was disappointed when I bought them for you. Isn't that funny?!

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

Ah the memories are all flooding back! I used to LOVE battleship and Mouse trap :)