Thursday, December 18, 2008

Update: Home Sweet Home




Well, we are all moved in and everything is slowly but surely coming together. It started snowing the night we moved in and it has been COLD ever since! This morning it dumped snow and I couldn't even get out of the driveway. There is a little incline getting out of the driveway and it was enough to get me sliding! There was about 2-3inches of snow on the road and I walked up to the main road to check it out and it was the same there. I figured if a little tiny incline was making me slide I probably shouldn't risk the huge hills on the main road. My shift supervisor Brandy was very understanding and wanted me to be safe. It is frustrating because I know there is not nearly as much snow in Gig Harbor where I work and I am not sick so I feel like I should be at work right now. I really hope she was able to find someone who lives closer to come in and cover for me. I know what it is like to be a person short at a drive-thru Starbucks in the busiest part of the morning!

I took some pictures the night we were moving in and the morning after.


This is not a very good picture but you can see the snow falling from the flash of the camera and you can see a little dusting of snow on the fence. Taraz is the one standing in the doorway. Needless to say it was COLD. This was about the time I ran up to Albertson's to get everyone dinner. On my way home the snow was falling a lot more steadily.



This was the next morning. Daisy had spent the night at my parents so it was just Ruh and I. Since there was no food in the house we decided to go to our favorite place for breakfast, the Family Pancake House in Port Orchard. It is not a fancy place but their pancakes are the best we have ever tasted. Then we ran some errands and bought a few things for the house. There were no shower curtain rods so that was the first thing we bought, then of course some new shower curtains.

Here was Ruh scraping the snow off of the U-Haul. We had to return it that morning.

Since then I have been working my tail off. Everything is starting to look and feel more comfortable. You would not believe the dirt I have found! It's disgusting. I have pretty much had to scrub everything twice to get it clean. I actually had fun scrubbing the kitchen sink! It was so orange with grime (it's a white porcelain sink). I scrubbed it with comet, let the comet sit then added more and scrubbed again. I got that sink looking brand new. Ruh was very impressed when he saw it. He said it looked like I had gone and bought a brand new sink. I took apart the inside of the dishwasher to clean all the little parts. How do you think dog hair got caked onto those parts?! I couldn't figure that one out! I could feel my gag reflex starting a couple times.

On to some more cleaning and unpacking! :)

Tomorrow I get my next ultrasound! I will be 14 weeks along! I don't have a scanner to put the picture on the computer but I might be able to go over to my parents house and use theirs. Be watching for those pictures. :)

2 comments:

Katherine Hall said...

Very artsy picture Annie, the one with the fence post in the foreground and front door in the back ground. Nice eye!

Love from Mom

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

Prayers for the ultrasound and traveling mercies as you get to and from there....wow all the SNOW!

I am *so* excited for you and the whole family. This will be the most memorable and special Christmas ever - even if you are spending it in CA ;)