Thursday, December 11, 2008

We signed for the house!

There it is! It has 4 bedrooms and 2 baths.

This morning at 9:30am we signed the papers for our new house! I can't believe it's finally over! The realtor and notary were pretty sure we will be receiving the keys sometime tomorrow. I have to work an 8 hour shift tomorrow. Ruh is hoping they will give him the keys early in the day. He wants to pick up my mother-in-law Bonita so they can go to the house and do some MAJOR cleaning. They both don't want me around any chemicals and I know I am going to be beyond exhausted when I get home from work. Bonita was so excited when she heard about some deep cleaning that needs to be done. Her eyes lit up and she immediately offered to help. I am very grateful for that. So we are praying we get the keys nice and early tomorrow.

I am busy packing today. I should get the majority done today and anything leftover I can do tomorrow. So far I have gotten all the books packed and about half of my knick-knacks. After I get all the little things done then I am going to move to our bedroom closet (high pitched scream!). We figured we would just grab the clothes on their hangers and throw them in the back of the car and transfer them right to our closet in the new house. We will probably do the same thing with Daisy. Saturday is the big moving day! We are renting a U-haul so we can get it all done in one trip. I am still trying to figure out how to tackle packing the kitchen. I am going to need to keep a few things out for the next couple of days.

When we start unpacking at the house on Saturday the first thing I am going to put together are the beds! Someone once told me you always want to get the beds set up first thing that way when you are tired and exhausted that night you don't have to worry about putting the beds together then. The next room will be the kitchen. I am very excited about the kitchen! It is much bigger than the tiny one I have now. I can't wait for everything to find its place. There is a special shelf for the microwave so it is up off the counter leaving extra counter space. There is a perfect corner of the counter my beautiful Kitchen Aid stand mixer is going to live in.

Packing is the hard part, unpacking is the VERY fun part! I will love making the house a home and putting everything in its place. As of Saturday I will no longer have internet for a little while so I am not sure when my next update will be. I am planning on taking pictures and video of all the moving. I am not sure when I will be able to post it but I will have it up eventually. I will go to my parent's to check my e-mail and post some updates when I can!

No comments: