Sunday, June 07, 2009
I have been busy getting Daniel's room all ready for him. I have been washing and putting away all the wonderful clothes we have received from baby showers and washing bedding, blankets and receiving blankets. I bought some Winnie the Pooh prints and framed them. I spent some time on Ebay looking for Classic Pooh stuffed animals to find all of the Winnie the Pooh characters. I didn't find all of them but I did find some. But there was one wall left in Daniel's room, the biggest wall I might add, that was completely bare. So I started looking for ideas.
Well, I was browsing through a sewing book when I saw a picture of a bedroom and above the bed was a string of homemade bunting. It was a "eureka!" moment and I had found my idea. So I went to Joann's and found two different fabrics I thought would go good in Daniel's room. I didn't need to buy very much, just 1/2 yard of each. So yesterday and today I spent a couple hours cutting out and sewing. I was going to do each fabric as triangles but then decided it would be fun to have two different shapes. I cut out 8X8 inch squares of fabric and then folded and sewed them. It was so simple and easy and now that empty wall isn't so empty.
I am going to take more pictures of Daniel's finished room very soon and post them. There is one more little craft project I am making for his room first.