Saturday, April 21, 2012

Guillemot Cove Wildlife Reserve...



Rue took Daniel and I to Guillemot Cove Wildlife Reserve on Tuesday. It is near the quaint little town of Seabeck on the Hood Canal. I was breathtakingly surprised at how beautiful it was. I wasn't expecting to get to see the Olympic Mountains and there they were!

The hike started out in some beautiful rainforest. It was great having Daniel walk between us because his motivation to keep going was not losing sight of Daddy. :)

Old outhouse. I guess someone really needed to go!

Old abandoned cabin. There were still beds inside. Very creepy, yet fascinating.




Daniel telling Daddy that there are mountains over there.

The view of Hood Canal from the beach house porch. You can just see the snowy bottom of the Olympics. I can't wait to go back on a sunny, warm day and enjoy the full view.

We are so blessed to live in a place where you can smell the salty sea air and be able to gaze up into the mountains at the same time.
What cracks me up about this picture is that both of their left ears are sticking out of their hats in the same way and it was not planned! They are so alike even in the tiniest of ways. :)
Yes, I was there. :)
 
The Stump Tree House.  The story goes that escaped prison convict Dirty Thompson built this house and hid out in it for a while until he was discovered.  Not a very romantic story if you ask me.  Rue calls it the fairy house.  I think I will go with that.  :) 


I can't wait to go back on a warm sunny day sometime this spring or summer!

2 comments:

Kathy Hall said...

Smiling... :)

Terence said...

Awesome pictures.