1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
1/2 cup ground flax seed meal
1/4 cup soy protein powder
1/2 cup dried fruit of your choice, dried blueberries is my choice :)
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
egg substitute, equivalent to 1 egg
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 tbls brown sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbls olive oil (I want to try coconut oil next time)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 9 inch square pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Mix together the oats, flax seed meal, soy protein powder, brown sugar, dried fruit, nuts and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Add the apple sauce, egg substitute, apple sauce, and olive oil. Mix all together.
- Spoon the dough into the baking dish and press down until evenly in the pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the edges get slightly brown.
- Simply lift the edges of the foil out of the pan and place on a cooling rack. I cute mine into 6 squares, a good size for breakfast. You can cut them smaller if you are just wanting a little snack. Store in an air tight container in the fridge.
I had one this morning for breakfast and I was not hungry again until noon! I usually get hungry around 10am and have to have a snack. Not today! I am guessing that all the fiber from the oats and flax seed plus the protein powder and nuts really helps it all stick to your ribs.
This is exactly what I was looking for. This definitely fits the bill for quick, easy and healthy. Yes, cooking up a batch takes a little bit of time but for the next 6 mornings I have breakfast all ready to go. It's not too sweet which is perfect, I don't like sweet breakfasts. I don't even put sugar in my coffee.