Sunday, February 12, 2012

Leavenworth with Aunt Karin...


MyAunt Karin came up from LA to visit this past week. It has been so lovely having her here and I am very sad to see her head home tomorrow. I think all of my SoCal family needs to come up here and visit more often! :)

While she was here Mom, Dad, Aunt Karin, Daniel and I went and spent the night in Leavenworth. It was a lot different from the last time Rue, Daisy, Daniel and I went at Christmas time. Then it was extremely crowded, no parking and hardly any room to move in the shops. There was much more snow at that time too. This time it was so quiet and there were hardly any tourists and there was not nearly as much snow. The Enzian Inn we stayed at had hardly any patrons. It was quite nice as I don't enjoy large crowds very much. And the town was still decorated for Christmas!




After dinner at Andreas Keller I took Daniel for a swim in the hotel pool. Unfortunately Daniel wasn't too excited about swimming. I had the whole pool to myself. The pool is in the basement of the hotel. It is surrounded by pillars, has a beautiful mural and there was classical music playing. There was a hot tub too! Aunt Karin, Mom, and Dad were kicking themselves for not bringing their swimsuits.







Daniel and Gramma watched cartoons on my iPod after swimming.


Can you tell that they are twinnies? :)

The men. Aren't they cute! No, Daniel is not retaining water in his wrists, I just pulled his gloves up and over his jacket. :)

This was our view at breakfast in the hotel.

During breakfast a man came out dressed in lederhosen, hopped up on the railing of the balcony and played the alpenhorn.










After breakfast we did a little more looking in the shops. Thanks to Mom and Aunt Karin I came away with a wonderful new hat but that is another post for later. We bought some goodies for Rue and Daisy and then headed towards Wenatchee. The scenery was so beautiful and Aunt Karin oohed and awed almost the whole ride in the car. We stopped at the Aplets and Cotlets factory in Cashmere. Aplets and Cotlets are one of my favorite treats. You can buy them in grocery stores here but I always wait to buy them until we are on the east side of the mountains that way they stay a special treat.




Daniel and Grampa walked to the nearby train tracks hoping to see a train.


It was so wonderful being in the snowy mountains for a couple days with my parents and Aunt Karin. Hearing Aunt Karin ooh and awe over the beauty and snap as many pictures as she could was fun. I love sharing the mountains that I love with the family that I love.

1 comment:

Karin Koontz said...

I love you too!