Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Cannon Beach



On Sunday Rue surprised me and told me that we were going to go to Cannon Beach on Monday and spend the night! So Monday we woke up, packed and we headed down there. The weather was really rainy but I love the rain when I am on the coast.
We stayed at this adorable little Inn. It is called the Hearthstone in because each room has a gorgeous, huge stone fireplace. When we pulled up it looked like a little cottage. Our room had a kitchenette also.
We checked in and brought everything inside and walked down to the beach which was only a block away. The beach was beautiful but it was pouring down rain. I had only brought one pair of pants and they were quickly getting soaked. So we went back to our room and watched a movie while my pants dried.
We drove around looking for a place for dinner. We found a place that looked like a mountain lodge. I forget the name but it was really nice. Inside there was a huge fireplace in the middle of the room with a fire going and a large Christmas tree all decorated.
The next day we went out for breakfast and found a cute little bakery that made cinnamon rolls. Rue and I each had one with some milk. Then Rue graciously let me do some window shopping. We stopped at a candy shop and bought Daisy a little treat. After that we headed home.
We had such a delightful time! I have a really sweet husband! :)

3 comments:

Bonita said...

I think 'get-aways' are important for the spirit, and I'm so glad you enjoyed it. The little cottage is adorable, and the scenery is spectacular.

Oregon is a favorite canoeing location for us, and we've stayed in a lot of little cottages along the beach. I love the window shopping, too, with all the little nic-nacs that relate to seagulls, driftwood, and lighthouses.

Anonymous said...

Hello Beautiful, I was reading your Blog. I like your Writing. I get to read things you wouldn't normally say. You are Wonderful!
Grrrr....

Anonymous said...

What a fun getaway!
The restaurant you're referring to is Morris's Fireside Cafe. It holds special memories for my husband and me. We ate there on one of our first dates. Their clam chowder is a killer!