Thursday, December 29, 2005

Winter Time



The Christmas season is now winding down and pretty soon things will go back to normal. Next week I will be going back to work. Even though the holidays are almost over, winter time still has some wonders of its own.
I love walking outside and being able to see my breath and having my nose get cold. It makes it all the more wonderful to come back inside to the warmth. When I was still living with my parents I would be welcomed by the wood stove with a crackling fire inside its belly. I would stand in front of it facing away and keep my hands behind my back. Once my back was much to toasty then I would turn around and cook in the front. The only down fall to this was when I finally walked away from the stove no matter how hot it was in the house it would feel cold.
On Christmas this year I made a fire in my parents wood stove even though it was not really cold enough to make one. Everyone moaned a little but I promised that I would only burn one log. Pretty soon the front door was open because everyone, but myself, was hot! :)
Another thing I love about winter is lighting candles in the evening. It gets dark at about 4:30pm this time of year. Lighting candles around the house gives a wonderful atmosphere. There is nothing like lighting some candles, sipping a cup of hot cocoa and curling up and reading a good book in winter time.

1 comment:

Bonita said...

I love, like you, the atmosphere created with candles or a woodburning fire. Always, the aroma is just wonderful.