Monday, December 12, 2005

Daily Writing

When I was a senior in high school my AP English teacher Ms. Cromitt, would have us do a daily writing. We would have 20 minutes and the assignment was to start writing and not stop until the time was up. We would just write about anything that popped into our heads. Pretty soon a clear thought would come into your head and you would write about it. I actually enjoyed this very much. I have started doing daily writing again to help get me back to writing. I thought it would be fun to post them on my blog. Sometimes they can be really clear and well put together and on other days when my brain doesn't seem to be working it may just be little chunks of thoughts that randomly come to my head. I hope you will enjoy reading them and enjoy having a little glimpse into my brain.


Daily Writing #1

I am at the Schneidlers now with my feet up and my big toe is sticking out of the hole in my brand new sock. The chair I am sitting in is so comfortable and if I am not careful I may dose off. I thought I just heard one of the boys wake up from their nap but I guess it was just a car out front driving by on the busy road. The road leads all the way down to 30th street which goes through Old Town and then to Ruston Way on the waterfront. Rue and I have been there many times and have eaten at The Ram many times also. I love going out on dates with Rue. We need to do that more often. I think I am starting to grow up at least a little bit. I still find myself wanting to daydream about this or that but it does not have the joy it once did. I find being more down to earth and in touch with reality makes me feel good. I feel like I am finally starting to become an adult. I so want to be a good wife and step-mom but it is really hard sometimes. No, it is hard most of the time and yet it is still wonderful. I am getting the hang of it though. I do miss the fun of being on your own with nobody's time table to think about but your own. I could take off and go for a drive and look at all the beautiful scenery and do it whenever I wanted. There was really no responsibility in my life. But now that I think about it I am really glad that I have grown as much as I have and have responsibilities now. I can't put my finger on it but I am a lot more content and at peace now. There may be harder things to have to deal with but they are making me grow. If I was still back there I wouldn't have the knowledge and wisdom that I do now. The Lord is working on me and, as He promised, He will not stop working on me until He has finished what He started. I take hold of that promise every single day.

No comments: