Sunday, January 01, 2012

Happy New Year!!


Happy New Year everyone! I know this is a curious picture for a New Year's post but this is how I rang in the New Year, nice and serene. No big fireworks or champagne at my one woman party. (And I would much rather be wherever this picture is than in a huge crowd of people.) My hubby had to work last night and he works 3 to midnight (if not later), Daisy went to spend the night at my parents' and of course little Daniel (2 1/2 years) was in bed at his usual bedtime of 7pm. Even I did not stay up to midnight. I was up at 4:30 yesterday morning to go work my morning shift at Starbucks so needless to say staying up to midnight really didn't sound appealing. And it's really no secret that I am far from a party animal. I turn into mush about 7pm. I am happy morning person. Hence the ability be up around 4 in the morning and serve latte's to people. :)


The past year has been a very shaping one in my life. The Lord used some very difficult circumstances to cause me to rely on Him more and to teach me more obedience to His will for me as a wife and mom. I have to say it has been the toughest year of my life but at the same time I have found much more true peace and joy in my soul and I thank the Lord for that. I still have a long way to go but I know He is not through with me yet. I am looking forward to what the new year has in store.

I hope everyone had a fun and safe New Year's!!

No comments: