Saturday, May 05, 2012

Happy Cinco De Mayo!

As this is being posted we are headed up to Snoqualmie for a little Cinco De Mayo party.  The picture is of Snoqualmie Falls.   So pretty! I love where I live!

For the party I made a Tres Leches cake.  It is made out of eggs, milk, flour and sugar.  I am allergic to eggs, milk and gluten so this cake is pretty much made up of everything I can't have.  So I wasn't able to do any taste testing.  But it is a Martha Stewart recipe and Martha has not failed me yet so I trust it will be delicious. (Instead of the chopped pineapple on top I am doing chopped strawberries). 

As I was making this cake I pondered what tres leches means.  It calls for three different kinds of milk and as I was mixing the THREE MILKS together I continued to ponder.  I continued mixing the THREE MILKS together and continued to ponder.  Yeah, I'm quick like that.  Don't worry, it dawned on me about 15 minutes later. 

Happy Cinco De Mayo everyone!

No comments: