Monday, May 07, 2012

Saving clothing patterns...

I recently came across an idea on how to save clothing patterns from being cut up.  I am sure it is nothing new but it was a new idea to me.   In the past I would buy a clothing pattern and cut up the actual pattern. Well, if you use tracing paper to trace out the pattern in the size you want it will keep the original pattern from getting chopped up.  Then you can use the original pattern over and over. And since patterns can be so expensive it's nice to keep them in good condition.  I use swedish tracing paper, you can find it here.  One roll lasts a really long time!

Right now I am working on making the School House Tunic from Sew Liberated.  I already made one last year but I made the full dress.  This time I am just making it in the shirt length.  I love, love, love how this pattern fits!

No comments: