Thursday, May 17, 2012

Tunic shirt...







I made this little tunic shirt yesterday.  I used Sew Liberated's Schoolhouse Tunic pattern which I am absolutely in love with.  I only had two yards of fabric to work with and the pattern calls for about 3 yards to make the tunic dress and a little under 3 yards to make the tunic shirt.  So I shortened the sleeves and shortened the skirt part of the shirt quite a bit.  I was crossing my fingers the whole time I was sewing it together that is wasn't going to be too short.  It worked beautifully!  I have fabric to make two more of these shirts.

This is the tunic dress I made from the same pattern last year.  




I just bought Sew Liberated's newest pattern, The Paloma Top, Tunic and Dress.  This one is made out of jersey knit fabric and is suppose to be perfect for summer.  Can't wait to try this pattern out! 


Also the skirt you see me wearing in the above pictures I made out of an old pair of pants.  I will be putting a tutorial up soon on how to turn an old pair of pants into a comfy skirt!

No comments: