Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Delilah

Today I whined! I whined so much that my dear sweet husband left the house to get away from me! When I woke up this morning I felt cranky and grumpy and decided not to deal with it. I sat down to do my devotions but because I felt cranky I decided to not continue! Big mistake! That was the one place I needed to be, looking to the Lord to help me rid myself of my grumpiness. So then when my husband got up all I had for him was a whining spirit. I knew I was wrong. I feel so bad that I treated him that way. I finally did sit down and had my quiet time with the Lord, and what do you know, my whining went away. Rue came home before I left for work and I apologized. He is so wonderful because he always forgives me. I found this article at christianitytoday.com called Delilah. Click on the link and then put Delilah in the search engine on the website. I want to put into practice her advice about holding your tongue until you have something nice to say. Sometimes it is probably best that I don't talk at all. I know the Lord is working on me though as I continue to seek Him He will continue to weed out all the sinful habits of mine. And again I will say that I am so thankful for my husband who continues to love me even with all my sin!

3 comments:

thebeloved said...

Beautiful advice. I see this tendency in myself and I have... but I did realize that I need to fix it. I am not married but someday I might be... So, I hope to have it mastered some by then.

Bonita said...

It is all about self-knowledge, and regulating impact. The result you want is to treasure 'connection', with Ruh and with your Lord. You are right, here. Whine alone, in front of the bathroom mirror - just pound your fists, get it over with, then exit the bathroom with a smile. Big hugs, affection. Become a listener, ask questions, understand from all angles. Then, 'go make soup', as it doesn't get better right away, but you've learned to 'put it in its place'. You'll start laughing at yourself, and then life just simply gets fun, because you've become quite a character! At least that is what all my kids say, when they see me talking to myself in the mirror - no one ever listened to me so good as myself in that mirror!

Annie said...

Thanks Bonita! :)