Monday, January 02, 2006

I love my Crock-pot!



I will never forget the day when I first saw my crock-pot. (It was a wedding gift to us.) I had never before used a crock-pot and really had only seen them at church potlucks keeping soup and gravy warm. I really didn't know what I was going to do with it. Then a few months later I was reading a magazine and it had a bunch of recipes for the slow cooker. The article also talked about how crock-pots are wonderful when you are busy and need to have dinner ready when you get home. I was very curious about my new discovery. So not long after that, I got up in the morning and placed the ingredients in the crock-pot, turned it on and went about my day. When I got home from work (very tired I might add) the house smelled wonderful and dinner was already made! You know the feeling from the moments in life when you discover something new or a new way to do something that you hadn't known before? This was one of those moments! Now my dear little crock-pot gets a good workout. I would really like to know who invented this wonderful machine. I would thank them a million times over for how easy they have made my life! :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Annie,

I don't know anything about crock pot cooking, but I know that your scones are the best I've ever had.

Annie said...

Thanks George! :)

mreddie said...

Crock-pots are a wonderous thing - just slightly below microwaves. These two are probably used more than the stove. ec

Bonita said...

I packed one of those scones for my Jury Duty today - I had to have something wonderful to look forward to.

Annie said...

I am sooooo glad you guys like the scones! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Annie,
For whatever it's worth; a preacher and I, after some discussion, agreed we Americans, as a society, would be better off if we would not devalue the word love. We felt it should be used only towards something that can return it. "Like" is still a usable word for inanimate objects! It's worth some thought....great uncle jack

P. S. Consider that all we know indicates God's entire plan for man is based on creating us folks within a system that is designed to enable us to learn to return His so-great love for us; back to Him! Thereby making the American overuse of the word less than desirable. So! By our thinking; the preacher and I cannot "love" ice cream but we can sure "like" the heck out of it, and gobble it up at every chance!

Annie said...

I will remember that Uncle Jack! :) From now on I like my crock-pot very very much! Thanks for looking at my blog!

Anonymous said...

Hi Annie, I forgot to mention: we always liked our crock pot too!....ol'jack