Thursday, February 02, 2006

The Bell House


My mom wrote: "A very special back step. My grandpa carved his initials into one of the steps after he poured the cement for them. WDS...Walter Dale Sundin. I believe the date reads March 22, '53. We all got warm fuzzies to see it still there."



My Aunt Karin told this story to the lady who now owns the Bell house: "I was 15 or so. Us five kids and along with Kathy's bestfriend Kathy A. were sitting at the kitchen table here devouring burgers and pork and beans. Everyone was in a jovial mood. I picked up my spoon, scooped up two pork and beans, and 'boing", flung them at Paul. Well, not to be out performed, he picked up his whole plate of beans, sauntered over to me, and dumped them straight away on my head!" Incredulous with disbelief, through the slop I lifted up two fingers to Paul and vehemently cried, "Two beans. That's all you got, two beans!" We all roared with laughter, even my mom."

1 comment:

Bonita said...

My parents carved everyone's name into a cement step at an old house. Bonnie went back to Great Falls, Montana, and saw that step, still with everyones name on it. I like that idea.