Friday, February 17, 2006

Getting Ready...

Today marks the fifth day that I have been on the South Beach Diet. The cravings I had for sweets and carbs have finally died down. The first few days were pretty hard especially since I am sick. I have lost 2 pounds which is good! I wish that it would have been more but at least I am losing weight and not gaining it! :) I haven't exercised all week because of my cold and also my energy level has been so low from not having any carbs. But this morning when I woke up I was a lot peppier and I feel really good. My throat is a little itchy from my cold but not enough to really effect me. I plan on going to the gym this afternoon and workout. I know it will feel good. I plan on this whole next week working out as much as I can to help my weight loss.
Slow and steady wins the race! :)

1 comment:

Bonita said...

I hope you recover from your cold, and feel energized for the weekend. I, too, have been recovering from a bug in my sinus', and going to Freighthouse Square with Ruhiyyih today did not help. We went to the antique section - and it is full of dust. Oh my, what a headache I got just breathing there...but, I sure had a good time.

I look forward to seeing you, Ruh and Daisy on the weekend!